Module for Collecting
The hub comes with a module, mod_collect, for collecting a number of content types on the hub: resources, wiki pages, forum threads, courses, publications, and content articles. This module can be enabled via the administrative Module Manager. Once the module is enabled, a “Collect” button will appear on the single "view" pages for the various types of content. Users can then collect resources, wiki pages, etc. The collected material will be saved as a post with a link back to the original content.
Collectible content types:
- Wiki pages
- Forum threads
To enable the module:
- Navigate to https://yourhub.org/administrator/ and login as an administrative user.
- In the backend, under the Extensions tab, select Module Manager.
- Find the module, and then select the module by clicking the small check box.
- Once the module has been selected, click Enable to enable the module.
- The module will now be active on the hub and users will be able to collect content for collections.
Editing Collection Items
(Note: You have to be logged into your hub in order to complete the following tasks)
- Navigate to https://yourhub.org/administrator/.
- Locate the Components tab and then select the Collections button located in the drop-down.
- On the Collection page, click the Items tab.
- Locate the item and then check the box beside the title of the item.
- Click the Edit button to edit the item.
- Make the changes to the item and then click Save & Close to save the changes and you will be navigated back to the Collection: Items page.