How to Activate GeoSearch
GeoSearch is a component that allows users to view other members, organizations, events, and even job postings on one map. Users can scroll over each pin and click a link to view the pin in more detail.
- Log into the administrator side of the Hub.
- Go to Extensions and click Plugin Manager from the drop-down.
- In the Plugin Manager search for CRON - GeoSearch.
- Open the plugin and then enable the plugin.
- Click Save & Close to save this change.
- In the Plugin Manager search for Geocode – Google Maps.
- Enable this plugin before moving on to the next step.
- Navigate back to the main page of the administrative side of the Hub.
- Go to Components and select CRON from the drop-down.
- Inside of the component CRON, click the Add button in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- Select the Event of the new CRON job to be Cron-Geosearch: Get Location Data From Sources from the drop-down and then add the name of the new CRON job to match the name of the event.
- Select the Frequency of the job to be Once a day, midnight.
- This is suggested to prevent overrunning Google Maps API request limit.
- To save this new job, click Save & Close.
- Enable the new CRON job and then manually Run the job.
- Navigate to the GeoSearch main page and refresh the page.