By default, new profiles are set to "private". This means that only super administrators and the member him/herself may see and access that profile's information. Private profiles do not display in search results.
Public Profiles by Default
Member profiles may be set to public by default via the administrative Members component. To do so, log in to the administrative back-end and find "Members" in the "Components" list of the main menu. Once the Members manager page has loaded, locate the "Parameters" button in the toolbar (top right, opposite of the "Members" heading). Click this. You should be presented with a series of settings. Find "Default Privacy" and set to "Public". All new accounts will now default to public profiles.
Note: any accounts created before changing this setting will retain whatever configuration they had. For instance, private profiles will remain private unless manually changed by the user.
To change the default Dashboard layout, first...
- Log on to the Joomla! back-end interface for your hub (
- Navigate to "Users -> Members" on the main menu bar at the top of the screen
- Click "Plugins" in the sub-menu.
- Find the Dashboard plugin and click the "manage" link.
- Add/remove/move the modules to create the default Dashboard layout for new users. Changes are automatically saved.
- Finally, select "Save"
Note: any accounts created before changing this setting will retain whatever configuration they had.