Note: This feature has moved from https://yourhub.org/register/proxycreate to the administrator backend.
To create an account for another user:
- In the backend, go to the Members component under the Users menu.
- Click on the "+" button to add a new member.
- Fill in the information about the new user.
- Click "Save & Close" and if successful, you will be taken to the user's member backend information page.
- At this point, if the hub's setting (found in a plug-in called "User - Joomla!" under Extensions>> Plug-in Manager) is set to send email out to newly-created users, the user will be sent an email about the account and credentials (example below). If email notification is off, the system will not send an email to the proxy-created user, and it will be up to you to let them know about their credentials.
From: Your Hub <email@example.com> Date: Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 5:01 PM Subject: New User Details Hello [NAME HERE], You have been added as a User to [YOUR HUB] by an Administrator. This email contains your username and password to log in to https://yourhub.org/ Username: [USERNAME HERE] Password: [PASSWORD HERE] Please do not respond to this message as it is automatically generated and is for information purposes only.